Sunday, February 6, 2011

Special Sunday

As I was getting ready for church today, Dane said he was staying home because he felt really bad, sick. The kids were a handful in the morning. As I was trying to deal with the 3 kids and myself, I told myself, "maybe I should just be late to church. Can I really handle all the kids during Sacrament?" I knew I could, but did I really want to? Ammon normally does not make it through sacrament and Jarom can be another handful. I told myself, "no I need to show my kids that sacrament is important no matter what. So we went! The meeting was one of the most touching Fast and Testimony meetings I have had. I felt the spirit so strong. I know Heavenly Father helped me. I recieved blessings for choosing the right. Ammon slept the entire meeting and the boys were wonderful. It almost felt like angles were around my kids helping me. Those are the memories I will always treasure.

3 comments:

Latisha said...

Cool story. Love it!

Jodi said...

A sweet reminder that as mothers we have to set the example that you do what is right even when it may be hard to endure. Thanks for setting a wonderful example for me!

Melody said...

Good for you! Love you!

I could even feel the spirit as I read your post. Thank you for sharing that.