Friday, September 9, 2011

Life stress!

For the last week, I have been having trouble sleeping. I like to blame it on my loving husband.


He has decided to do a "Dity" move (move yourself)!!! The Army will pay us (how much???) to move ourselves. It would make me feel better to know if we will profit from the move. The stress of packing and dealing with 3 kids overwhelms me. To add to that, Dane wants to buy a house at our new location, live in it for our 3 years and then rent it out afterwards. I have been trying to see where we want to live near Fort Jackson SC, but it is kind of hard when you have never been there to see the area. Should we get a Realtor? All these decisions while Dane is busy with work!


On to less stressful things, Dane has been really happy to see his boys play with the same toys he played with at their age. Thanks to Dane's mom for mailing us these awsome toys awhile ago.




Ammon has been so cute, walking around with his blanket. I normally leave it in the crib, but I let him take it out one day. This is how I found him most of the day.

I think I might be dreaming about pears lately.
Dane found someone that has a pear tree that did not want the pears. We all went out and picked lots and lots of pears, tubs full. We have been using our apple pealer and then dehydrating them, and of course giving bags away to our neighbors.
Dane even canned some pears.



This is all that is left, finally!


3 comments:

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

We have always done a DITY move...yes it is very stressful, and I have never done it with children but the rule of thumb is..get a hotel and a baby sitter, the biggest PENSKE (not Uhaul) they have and call the ward! Penske is worth the money. You can request up to 80% of the move money upfront. The hotel and babysitter is for the night before you are loading the truck. Finish EVERYTHING that night so in the morning it is pure loading. Clear housing and start driving! We made $3500 (give or take a few 100) moving to texas from georgia. the only pain was driving thru a hurricane evacuation...when we got here, we sat in a hotel while looking for a place and then called the local ward and had them unload us.

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

Oh I forgot to tell you, there is a pay allowance that allows the family to go in advance to the new area and look for housing (including your husband, if its within driving distance...leave available...)I dont know what the name of the allowance is though...

Jennifer said...

My sister and her husband bought a has in Beaufort, SC. They weren't intending to keep it when they were moved an stationed in Jacksonville, NC. They tried to sell, but couldn't. They rent it out when they can. I know it's sometimes stressful for her because she has to be the landlord when her husband is deployed (like he is now and she is pg with #4). She also bought when the market was high (like we did :\) Now is a good time to buy.

Good luck!!