Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our one day trip!

So this week we were planning to travel to get Dane's eye fixed. He was so excited about not having glasses anymore. He had to go to multiple appts here, get paper work signed from his commander, then we had to find a hotel (hard to do there), rental car (pick up 30 min away), get Devin out of school for a week, and pack everyone! We drove 4 hours away for the surgery. His first appt there before surgery they found out Dane has something on his eyes where the surgery can not be done. He has healthy eyes, but like 1/10 people have this problem. I wish the eye clinic here could have told us this before, but we got a ONE day vacation out of it. Here are some pictures.
Here is our hotel, breakfast time in the Winter Garden!
Devin had to have a picture of this plant with all the roots.

The highlight of the trip was going to their "American mall."
I felt like I was back in the US, it was great! We got to eat at Macaroni Grill. The kids loved it as you can see. First time in over a year I got to eat at an American restaurant :)


I had to take a picture!

Before our 4 hour trip back home, we had to get some wiggles out.
They were so kind to stop for a picture here.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I love your grin outside of the Macaroni Grill. I know you were so happy for that simple pleasure. I can't wait for December when we can eat together for a month. I'll even let you pick... ;)

Latisha said...

What a bummer!! At least you got a day together. So sorry Dane can't have the surgery he wanted, though.

Latisha said...

What a bummer!! At least you got a day together. So sorry Dane can't have the surgery he wanted, though.