Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ward International/Thanksgiving Dinner

I planned our ward International/Thanksgiving Dinner on Wednesday. We had a very good turn out with some new faces so that was wonderful. The surprising thing was, we actually had food left over!!! This never happens. Good things I only did one turkey and one ham! The night was fun. We learned some traditions from other cultures including American Thanksgiving. See Devin at the last picture.







For our American Thanksgiving, I thought about dressing Devin as a Pilgrim and another primary girl as an Indian (She was for Halloween). I told the story about the Pilgrims coming over on the Mayflower and how the Indians helped the Pilgrims with food and such. I was almost over when Devin whispered to me, "what about me giving a hug?" I had told him earlier I wanted him to hug the little girl showing the Pilgrims and Indians were good friends. So at the end Devin gave the girl Indian a hug and everyone thought that was cute.


2 comments:

Melody said...

That is cute!

It looks like you did a GREAT job and you had an amazing turnout!

Way to go!

Carolyn said...

You have such an awesome talent at organizing events! I am so proud of you! Wish I could have been there. The food looks yummy!