Monday, October 5, 2009

Lasagna Rolls with Herbed Cheese

I have been thinking of ideas to do for Relief Society craft day. I got over 20 free wood oval shaped pieces of wood and was trying to see what I could come up with. With the help of my mom, here is what I came up with.
I got Old English scratch cover for wood and stained it. Then I took a picture I made of my grandparents and family and burned the edges. I told Devin never do what I was doing! Very bad idea to say that to him! It just made him even more interested. Then I glued it onto the wood. Now it has a antique look. Free craft!
Lasagna Rolls
Now you can tell I must not be to stressed if I am cooking! I think it really does help to write things on the blog. I felt so much better after writing about my crazy life. My mom mailed me this easy lasagna roll receipt.
12 Lasagna noodles
1 cup soft herbed cheese (Boursin or Alouette)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 1/2 cups prepared pasta sauce
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Just cook the noodles, mix herbed cheese, mozzarella, basil together. Spoon a thin layer of cheese mixture onto each noodle. Roll up each noodle. Pour pasta sauce on top of each roll with Parmesan cheese and bake until cheese melts. Lasagna so easy the kids can make it! I like that.



3 comments:

Jodi said...

Great idea and recipe...now if only I could convince Kailtyn she likes cheese. Well that shall be a project for another day. Miss you and enjoy fall for me.

Latisha said...

Cool recipe! Might have to try that. Unfortunately, I don't have any great old pictures or free wood laying around, so I'm going to have to keep looking for free craft ideas!

Melody said...

I'm glad that you're not as stressed. Can you please pass that on to me now? Please?