Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner


Thursday night we went to Dinner with Dane's new unit (only Officers and above). They have these dinners to welcome new people and say goodbye to the ones leaving that have had leadership. I really liked the view, so we had someone take a picture of us.

As most of you know, Dane is scheduled to deploy very soon. The rumor is mid November now. I think Dane told me the tanks are being shipped off very soon. And Dane's office computer stuff is already packed. We have many meetings to go to about the deployment this month. We bought Dane a laptop computer with a webcam today so we can stay better in touch with each other. I believe a laptop is a good marriage investment!!!!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I totally agree about the computer being a good marriage investment tool :) You will grow to love the webcam! The family looks SO cute! And your hair is gorgeous. Sorry to hear Dane is leaving so soon.

Melody said...

The view is really pretty, I agree.

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Hi! I saw your post on my parent's blog that I have been working on for them since they have been on their mission and I let them know about your post. We used to live in Tallahassee about 9 years ago. They have been in Frankfort since May.

Alisa Clark said...

Hey Holly!! It's so good to get back in touch with you! I'm jealous of where you get to live!! Your boys are so cute. No kids yet for us but soon hopefully!!

Latisha said...

Have to agree - when my brother was stationed in UAE for 4 months, he was able to talk to his wife and girls every night via the webcam. It made the separation much more bearable. Take care!

Jodi said...

Holly, you look beautiful! Our thoughts and prayers will be with your family and Dane while he is away!