Thursday, July 1, 2010

My car!

Here in Germany you have to get your car inspected and PASS in order to get a tag and drive. Well, my car needs to be renewed which means I had to get it inspected. I took it almost a month ago and DID NOT PASS! One head light had to be adjusted and I had an oil leak. This does not sound bad if we were in the US with US car parts. Any car parts I order takes takes 2-3 weeks to get here. Meanwhile you have only 30 days to pass inspections. We got the engine cleaned to see where the oil leak was located. They told us the main engine seal which is about a 9 hour job which would cost us $800 plus parts. I also had to order 2 new head lights. We just wanted this car to last us until we move back to the US and get my NEW MINI VAN! I got the new seal and they were about to do this big job when they called me today. They said now they do not see any leaks! They did install my new head lights. So what did I do? I picked up the car and went straight to the inspection place and PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY!

2 comments:

Melody said...

Yippee!

Jennifer said...

Awesome! I want a new bigger car. I have a carolla. At least both kids fit.